Show your Support

Powered by Blogger.
Friday 25 January 2013

Dry Rock and Sunshine : )




With and underdeveloped guidebook for the area we picked our way through the 12 sectors. A lot of the problems I was psyched to try seemed worn, sandy and missing a hold or two; others were simply too highball or committing for a single spotter. This hasn’t stopped me getting a few good ascents. One of which even had a name, Spanair (strange for this area).

One 7c in particular had me kicking and screaming, having fallen off the last move on the flash, it soon became apparent that the grade was given based on the last move. But after a hearty meat treat pasta dish for tea it went down in a few goes the next morning; one of my best ascents of the area, topped only by a 7c+/8a roof, YES that’s right I did a roof problem!


The hillside is simply littered with boulders, with hundreds of problems from 5-7a (so Kay has been in her element) and there is potential for so much more 7b and above. Saying that I still had my hands full for the weeks!


Next stop Albarracin.

0 comments:

Follow me..

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Members